Welcome to NeatWorks
More on NeatWorks and TryNeat
From NeatCo websiteVupoint Scanner.com
Welcome to NeatWorks
Start > All Programs > NeatWorks>Neat Quick Scan Center, as shown below: 2
7. If you are scanning a PDF, you can specify that the PDF opens automatically upon completion of scanning. To do so, click Open when done in the PDF Options field.8. Click Scan to scan an item; the item displays in your queue. Scanned items will automatically load into the Inbox and be available for viewing and editing the next time you open NeatWorks. Note: If you scanned to PDF, the scanned item is not sent to the NeatWorks Inbox. You can save the PDF directly to My Documents or another location on your computer.
Welcome to NeatWorks
Getting Started: What do I need to know?
NeatWorks is a scanner and software solution that helps you organize your paper. Receipts, bills, medical forms, business cards...everything. It scans, analyzes and organizes your paper and stores it all in a database on your computer. There are a few basic concepts that will help you better understand how to use NeatWorks.
Before getting started, it may be helpful to review our answers to the following questions about folders, scanning, and finding your information:
• Where can I get support and updates?
• What are folders and why do I need them?
Using the Quick Scan Center
The Quick Scan Center enables you to quickly and easily scan documents, receipts, business cards, and even create PDF files without first launching the NeatWorks application. To do so, perform these steps:
1. Start the Quick Scan Center by selecting
2. Once the Neat Quick Scan Center is started, you can easily access it whenever you wish by double clicking the NeatWorks icon in the system tray on the bottom right side of your screen.
3. The Neat Quick Scan Center displays, as shown in the following illustration:
4. The system will detect the document type for you automatically, or you can select the document type in the Document Type field.
5. Choose whether you want to scan in black & white or in color by selecting the appropriate option in the Color Options area.
6. If you are using the NeatDesk ADF scanner, which can scan two-sided images, you'll be able to select single-sided or double-sided scanning in the Scan Options field. Otherwise, the default setting is one-sided.
Welcome to version 4.0 of NeatWorks software. We're happy to announce the following new or enhanced features with this release:
• New User Interface: The menus and toolbars have been redesigned to make the application faster and easier to use.
• Quick Scan Center: Using a batch-type scanning process, you can quickly and easily scan documents, receipts, business cards, and even create PDF files without first launching the NeatWorks application.
• Inbox: The Inbox is where your scanned items display so that you can verify, edit and/or add notes before filing them in the appropriate organizer folder.
• Filmstrip View: The Filmstrip is used for viewing multi-image items in the image viewer of each organizer. If an item includes multiple images, the filmstrip displays at the bottom of the image viewer, allowing you to quickly scan through pages. If you click on a thumbnail in the filmstrip, it becomes the main image displayed.
• Keyword Search and Advanced Search: Use keyword search to find information by typing in words in the search box or use Advanced Search by selecting multiple criteria to drill down and find the receipt, business card, and document information you need.
• Archive: The new Archive feature enables you to zip and save information outside of the NeatWorks application for future retrieval. This will improve application speed as you archive old data sets outside the NeatWorks database.
• PDF: A new workflow makes scanning to PDF faster and easier, while the image quality of scans has been improved.
NeatWorks Digital Filing System Software for MacBefore getting started, we recommend taking a moment to familiarize yourself with our help system. Even seasoned NeatWorks users may benefit from reviewing information about our new features and how the software works. We appreciate your support, and are committed to providing solutions that organize your paper and simplify your life.
© 2008 The Neat Company